Wednesday, October 24, 2007

La Fiac and a Sleepless night...

® Felipe Russo
Yes yesterday was a sleepless night...got to sleep at 6:00 in the morning!! My body was dead but my mind.... I started packing my books, dvds and other stuff to send back home... Im in my final weeks in Paris. So yesterday my mind kept me awake wondering about what was and what will be... The was part is a bunch of great memories of the last year and 3 month, when a lot happened and lot changed. I will really miss Paris...the hundreds of cities that "coexist" in one, going around by bike, the exhibits,the freedom to be far from all my past, my 14 scare meters "studio", the beauty (Paris is beautiful),the roof sessions, the lazy sundays by the canal, MK2,the three month at Magnum Photos, and especially all the great people i met here...the freinds i made and intent to keep!!
The part that will be, that was the part that kept me awake....im really happy to go home...Brasil is my home and the place i want to dedicate my work to!! The place where i have my roots, my family and life long freinds. But we never no what will be!! Thats scary and great at the same time.....Will see!!!

Sorry, dont know if you care about all that....

So let me give you some more information. These weekend was the FIAC ( Foire Internationale d" Art Contemporain) here in Paris. The event took over the Grand Palais and the Cour Carrée du Louvre. It was a huge event full of great work and some shit also...it was full of collectors and rich people looking for stuff to decorete there living rooms...everyone dressed up to look "artie", some even called more attention then the pieces and installations...and lots of people that can provoke nauzia just by the way they look at you...but lets go to the point. A Gallery from Tel Aviv called my attention because of the work of Pavel Wolberg a Russian photographer that lives in Israel for a long time, and give's us a personal inside view of the conflits between Israel and Palestine.

We talk tomorrow...cheers!!

No comments: